Error code H202 occurs while you attempt to open a particular Quickbooks file present in the multi-user mode. This can lead to a sudden crash of the system or you may see a blank screen on your system. It will restrict you from opening the Quickbooks company file until your resolve the issue on your system. There are a lot of methods one can try to resolve the issue easily. Keeping the importance of resolving the issue, we have come up with the methods to resolve the issue. So, let’s begin with the process.
A Brief to Quickbooks Error H202
It is very common for users to encounter issues while using the application in the multi-user mode. Quickbooks error H202 is one such error that you are using. It does not only restricts you from accessing the company file, it may also lead to different other issues. The error message states: “the company file is on another computer, and Quickbooks needs some help connecting.” The error may occur because of different reasons like corrupted network data files or Quickbooks database server manager is not running on the system.
Reasons for Facing Quickbooks Error H202
There are a lot of reasons which contribute to the occurrence of Quickbooks error code H202. Check out all the possible reasons leading to the error below.
- The network data file is not properly configured on the system.
- The user is not able to open or access the database file.
- In case the DNS service is not configured on the system properly.
- The next common reason for which you can face the issue is that there are some issues in communication between your server and the application.
- Hosting is not correctly configured.
- In case crucial Quickbooks processes are not running on the system.
- You are using an incorrect path for the file.
- The data file is damaged or wrongly configured.
Identifying Quickbooks Error Code H202
So, below we have listed some symptoms that you can look for in your system to identify the error. Check out the list below.
- Quickbooks error code H202 prompt will appear on the screen.
- Windows operating system performs slower than usual.
- In case you are facing issues while switching to the multi-user mode.
- Next, the Quickbooks application may suddenly stop while performing tasks.
- In case you are not able to access the company file present on some other system.
Fix Quickbooks Error H202 With These Methods
Now, we have come to the main part of the article. We hope that you have read all the reasons for which the issue may occur on the system. Here are the troubleshooting methods to resolve the issue. Check out all the methods to get rid of the Quickbooks error code H202.
Method 1: Using File Doctor Tool
- To begin with, you need to close all the applications running on your system as well as Quickbooks.
- Now, start the web browser on the system and then download the Quickbooks tool hub on the system. Download it from the official website.
- When done, you will have to click on the file that you have downloaded. Now, you will have to accept the terms and conditions. Now, you will have to choose the installation folder.
- Tap on the Next option and then tap on the Finish option.
- Now, tap on the icon and then choose the company file issues tab.
- From this tab, choose to run the Quickbooks file doctor tool.
- Now, choose the file that you wish to scan.
- Click on the check file damage option. When done, tap on the start icon and then check if the issue is resolved.
Method 2: Check Quickbooks Services
- For this, you will have to run the Quickbooks application on the system.
- Now, in the application window, tap on the File option and then click on the utility option.
- Under this, click on the host multi-user mode option.
- When done, you will have to check if QBCFMonitorService services are running on the system.
- Now, you will have to start the Run window on the system.
- In the Run window, type services.msc.
- Click on the Ok button.
- When done, you will have to look for the service name QuickbooksDBXX and choose startup type as automatic.
- You will then have to look for the service status.
- When done, click on the recovery tab. Under the tab, from the drop-down menu, choose to start the service again on all the failures.
- Next, click on the apply option and then tap on OK.
- In the end, you will have to follow the same process for QBCFMonitorService.
Method 3: Use Quickbooks Database Server
- To begin with, you will have to tap on the Windows start icon.
- In the search menu, type the database and then look for the relevant options.
- From the list of all the services running, you will have to click on the database server manager option.
- When done, choose your required file.
- If you are not able to find the file, tap on the Browse option and then click on the file.
- Click on the start scan option.
- You will then have to fix settings related to the database manager.
- Tap on the close button when the process will complete.
- You will then have to start Quickbooks on all the systems.
- When done, you will have to tap on the File tab.
- Now, you will have to tap on the switch to the multi-user mode option.
- Check if the issue is resolved.
Quickbooks error H202 is one of the crucial issues that you can encounter while using Quickbooks in multi-user mode. With all the methods mentioned in this article, you will be able to resolve the issue easily. However, if the issue persists, we suggest you seek technical guidance.