Here is no doubt that the Quickbooks application works great but you can still face issues that may hinder the performance of the application. One such issue is nit opening or loading issue. You may also know it as doesn’t start issues or does not respond. Indeed it is not that easy to resolve such errors on our own. Hence, we have come up with this guide for you. You may encounter not responding error prompt on the screen even after opening it on the system. This simply restricts accessing any file and working on the same. Now, to resolve the issue, you must know why you have encountered the issue. So, let’s get started with it first.
What Causes Quickbooks Not Responding
Though the most prevalent reason for the occurrence of Quickbooks not responding issue is that the ini file is damaged, there are other reasons also behind the error. Here is a complete list of all the causes.
- The company file’s name is not correct.
- The hard drive on which your company file is present is corrupted.
- Next, you have not installed the Quickbooks application properly.
- The windows operating system may not be updated properly.
- QBWUSER.ini file is corrupted or damaged.
How to Identify Quickbooks Doesn’t Start Issue
Now, next, we have all the indications of the Quickbooks doesn’t start issue so that you can identify the error early and get rid of it. Check out the list of all the indicators below.
- Quickbooks application starts freezing frequently.
- Your system may hang from time to time.
- Quickbooks doesn’t respond errors may be accompanied by other errors like Quickbooks error 15241.
- Your system will respond to keyboard and mouse inputs very slowly.
How to Resolve Quickbooks Won’t Open Issue?
By now you may be aware of all the symptoms and sources of Quickbooks won’t open issues, here are the troubleshooting methods for you. But always make sure to create a backup of the file so that you do not face any issues.
Method 1: Fix Quickbooks Application
- For this, you will have to press CTRL, ALT, and Delete keys together on your keyboard.
- Now, the task manager will open on the system.
- In the task manager window, you will have to tap on the Processes tab.
- Now, you will have to tap on the Quickbooks process.
- When found, click on it and then choose the end process option.
- Next, when the confirmation window will open on the screen, confirm for the same.
- After this, start your system again and then fix the Quickbooks application.
Method 2: Create New Windows User
- To begin with, you will have to start the Control panel on the system. You will have to tap on the User account option.
- Under this, click on the option to manage users. When done, click on the Add option.
- When done, you will have to enter the name of the user and then choose administrator under the account type. You will then have to click on the Ok tab.
- In the end, you will have to tap on the Finish option. The user accounts prompt will then open on the screen. In the prompt, choose Ok.
Method 3: Employing Install Diagnostic Tool
- To start with, you will have to terminate Quickbooks related processes on the system. Now, you will have to open the Quickbooks official website.
- From the website, download the latest version of the Quickbooks tool hub.
- Save the downloaded file on the desktop. When done, you will have to tap on the setup file and then open the installation window.
- In the installation window, click on the “I Agree” option and then proceed with the process.
- When done, you will have to complete the remaining process according to the instructions appearing on the screen.
- Next, you will have to click on the installation issues tab.
- Under this, you will have to click on the option to run Quickbooks install diagnostic tool.
- When done, the tool will take some time to load. When the tool will load, the scanning process will start.
- On completion of the scanning process, you will have to close the tool hub window. In the end, check if you can open Quickbooks.
Method 4: Modify QBWUSER.ini File
- The very first thing that you will have to do is to look for the ini file on your system. In case you are not able to find the ini file, you will have to tap on the enable hidden folders and file option.
- You will then have to tap on the QBWUSER.ini file and then right-click on the same.
- From the menu, choose the rename tab.
- When done, you will have to add OLD at the end of the name of the file.
- In the end, you will have to repeat the same steps for the ecml file also. When done, verify if Quickbooks won’t open issue is resolved.
Method 5: Start Your System Again
So, the last method that you can use to resolve Quickbooks doesn’t open issues is to start your system again. This will help you save all the changes that you have recently made to your system.
Hopefully, now you will be able to start Quickbooks on the system and the issue is fixed. With all the methods we have mentioned, you will be able to resolve the issues hassle-free. However, if you face the same issue again, you can contact the support team.